International Women’s Day is all about celebrating the achievements and progress made by women around the world.
Cellulant will host a unique webinar on March 9th, 2023 titled “Building a business as a woman in Africa.” In addition, we will honor the efforts of amazing African women entrepreneurs. Discover how these courageous women are creating success even amidst the challenges of operating in Africa. Besides that, we plan to highlight their experiences, struggles, and strategies for success. Be inspired this International Women’s Day and discover what it takes to build a powerful business in Africa!
What is International Women’s Day?
International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. Moreover, the day marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
The first International Women’s Day was observed on February 28, 1909, in New York City. In 1910, an international conference of working women in Copenhagen established a date for the observance of International Women’s Day – March 19. However, it wasn’t until 1975 that the United Nations officially recognized March 8th as International Women’s Day.
Every year there are more events organized globally to mark IWD than any other day dedicated to celebrating women. Again, this demonstrates just how important IWD is as we continue striving for gender parity across the world.
Cellulant’s plan for International Women’s Day
We will host a webinar that will feature successful women entrepreneurs from across Africa. Moreover, the event will be moderated by Cellulant’s GM, Brand, and Product Marketing, Divine Muragijimana.
Besides that, the highlight of the webinar will be a keynote address by Tomilola Adejana, Co-Founder & CEO of Bankly
Interestingly, our panelists will share their stories of how they started and grew their businesses. Additionally, they will highlight the challenges they faced as women in business, and the lessons they learned. What’s more, the webinar is open to all women entrepreneurs, whether they are just starting out or are already established in business.
- Princess Shamirah Kimbugwe: Chief Executive Officer- Pivot pay
- Mara Zhanet Michelo: Founder & CEO Jacaranda Hub
- Glory Enyinnaya: Lead Consultant-Kleos Advisory Africa
- Amini Kajunju: COO – Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential Center (EJS Center)
How Cellulant is celebrating International Women’s day.
There are many ways to get involved in celebrating International Women’s Day. Here are some of the initiatives we will spearhead:
- Provide key expert insights: We will discuss the importance of women in business, and the opportunities that exist for women entrepreneurs in Africa. Our webinar is designed to provide practical advice for anyone looking to start or grow a business in Africa. We hope that by sharing our expertise, we will help more women realize their potential as entrepreneurs.
- Provide business education: We will educate women comprehensively who want to start businesses in Africa. This is a vital topic, as there are many barriers to entrepreneurship that women face in this region. Our goal is to provide them with the tools and knowledge they need to overcome these obstacles and succeed in their ventures. We hope that by doing so, we will empower more women to become leaders in their communities.
- Empowerment: Our mission is to empower women who want to start businesses in Africa. What’s more, there are many challenges that women face when starting businesses. Furthermore, we plan to provide women with the tools they need to succeed, and the resources to build prosperous businesses. Finally, our plan is to support African women entrepreneurs to create a better future for themselves and their families.
Celebrating International Women’s Day with Cellulant is sure to be an incredible experience. Again, we are honored to have the opportunity to come together and celebrate the accomplishments of women around the world. Lastly, we will create meaningful change by engaging in thoughtful conversations, and ensuring that all women live with dignity. Register for the webinar here: https://bit.ly/CellulantIWDWebinar2023