Edward Kandabu is an engagement manager in the sales and account management team who has been in Cellulant for 4 years. He studied Economics at Makerere University Business school and soon after went into the banking industry. Looking for a new challenge, Edward decided to join the mission to transform Africa and decided Cellulant is the place because it is a Pan African business and gives chances to young people to work towards this mission.
What drives you?
- The urge to make a positive impact in the digital space and the fact that I have family looking up to me drives me to always do my best. I live for challenges.
What drove you towards Sales?
- I am good with relationships, therefore, it felt like an edge because I would handle financial and operational issues for clients at the time, and with that 360-degree information of the sector, dissecting clients’ needs and sliding in a sale always came naturally. Also, the leaders in the business at the time created an enabling environment for me to sharpen the skill sets in my arsenal
What’s the one problem you are best at solving for your clients/customers/market?
- For my customer’s issue resolution comes first, I live by the value of customer delight whatever it takes. I prefer face-to-face meetings where you look them in the face, make commitments, and work towards upholding them.
Can you describe your professional Journey at Cellulant?
- I’ve worked at a bank and in an Innovations Hub during the start of my career and soon after joined as a Finance intern a point at which I said to myself “Oh God Not Another internship” but I was open to the challenge and later on I took operations as a business support executive doing settlement and reconciliation of payments while supporting functions like the marketing and I was going to see clients to understand their frustrations. Finally, I transitioned to sales in 2019 after seeing how I could manage both relationships as well as solve customer issues. Today, I work to ensure all our customers are delighted while still maintaining a keen eye on growing the business through acquisitions.
Which have been the most rewarding moments?
- Each time clients refer others to our business gives me a great sense of pride in the work we do as a team and our goals of digital transformation and most recently When I was nominated as acting Country Manager for 3 months. It was a huge eye-opener to the possibilities and growth Cellulant has managed to manifest for me.
How do you want to be remembered?
- As a person who is dependable and the people around can rely on to always show up when needed.
- “Always take charge”.