Cellulant – Lagos, Nigeria
Cellulant uses technology to connect people and their resources, making it easier to do business across Africa. Our goal is to facilitate more transactions between more people so that we can all live better lives.
Cellulant’s belief in providing solutions to everyday challenges across Africa has led to digitizing payments end to end for various value chains and as a result, providing increased transparency and broader reach within a single mobile commerce platform for financial sector players
We believe that when we are connected, we can accomplish more, together.
Are you a storyteller at heart? Do you excel at using communication to inspire? Are you fluent in digital? Do you have media on speed dial? Are you inspired by Africa?
This role is for you!
Cellulant is looking for a great brand storyteller, great communicator, and writer with a great understanding of Africa’s media landscape and digital media. You will be responsible for our Public relations, corporate communication, media relations, and presenting our brand and our products externally with the aim of strengthening our growth in our various markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Develop a Corporate communications plan including social media strategy that outlines goals, budget and tactics
- Develop a cohesive strategy for and between the Company website, social media and other digital resources and media.
- Tracks marketing strategy results closely and creates detailed reports with data analysis and other feedback.
- Conducts research and analyzing data to identify and define audiences.
- Maintain brand reputation and proactively work with leaders to drive through leadership globally, regionally and locally.
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct social media to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a monthly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Collaborate with sales professionals, external vendors, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both internal audiences and external customers and prospects.
- Work closely with the Business Development teams and can manage the relationship between marketing and sales to ensure that both sides are optimized to deliver (marketing’s role) and work (sales’ role) the highest quality leads.
- Use insights to develop written and visual content that engages customers and prospects.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in public relations, corporate communication, and content marketing.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a global and regional level in Africa
- Strong relationships with both pan-African and local business and industry media outlets
- Track record of working on PR campaigns in west Africa especially in Nigeria and Ghana on PR and Communication-related work
- Track record in managing media crisis and communication
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Knowledge of common website CMS systems, and ability to create a strategy for digital assets.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience is a plus
- Global brand management experience or having managed a pan-african brand in several markets is a plus
BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with proficiency in creating, and promoting written, visual, and digital content.
- Workload will be high and varied, so you must be able to multitask across multiple projects.
- Ability to work creatively in an agile environment, where decisions get made quickly, and execution requires quick thinking on one’s feet.
- Ability to develop content consistent with the Company’s brand voice, style and tone.
- Ability to manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types.
- Ability to interpret technical information and translate it to simple, effective communications.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and situations to develop clear solutions and recommendations.
- Stakeholder Management skills
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: PR & Communications Manager to [email protected] by May 15th.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Brand & Marketing
Full time permanent